One day in the morning I was in hurry to call a meeting and I draft a message to send it to my team. After sending the email I was jotting down the points which I was supposed to discuss with my team and suddenly a message flashes in my inbox that informing you that your mail couldn’t be delivered. Seriously, it was a very annoying situation.
Later on, I realize that this problem indicates that my server IP address may have been blacklisted by Hotmail/Outlook. These sites have their own list of blacklisted site which they maintain basis on complains or reporting of the receivers. This is done on a serious basis because spamming has become a serious issue nowadays.
However, this blacklisting has been designed so that spamming can be controlled but in the same scenario, genuine people also suffer from such activities. Once your IP address is placed in the blacklisting list due to any reason you are not able to send a message to the recipients.
- 1 There are various reasons due to which your IP address can be placed in the blacklisting list.
- 2 How to get UnBlacklisted:
- 3 The self-service technique of removal:
- 4 Periodic Removal:
- 5 Conclusion:
There are various reasons due to which your IP address can be placed in the blacklisting list.
1) Sometimes it is blocked so that it cannot be used by spammers, hackers and other anti-social elements.
2) Due to bad email practices, increased the flow of spam looking emails from an IP address or misconfigured DNS Settings etc.
3) When you logged in from a public network like from train, bar, or an airport and some other people use it for illegal activities, it will lead your IP address to block.
4) If your computer is effected with Virus and sending out spams then your address can be blocked.
5) If you have entered wrong API credentials for more than ten times.
6) If someone is using your network for any suspicious activities then there are chances for getting blacklisted.
But no need to worry as you can get free from the above-mentioned problems by following simple steps:
Firstly, it is important to know that your email practices could lead to blacklisting or not.
Step 1-Check the status of your IP address.
You first need to check that your IP address is in the blacklist or not. Reviewer server logs to see that is there is an increase in email volume. There are three types of blacklisting below are the names let’s discuss them in detail:
1. Public Blacklists
2. Enterprise SPAM Firewalls
3. Private/ ISP Blacklists.
1) Public Blacklist: There are few blacklists that are publically available and can be checked directly. There are several tools available which can check or scan the top 100 publically available & visible blacklist.
2) Enterprise SPAM firewalls: These are real-time network distributed blacklist that is maintained by spam firewalls. It is used basically by the corporate IT department.
3) Private/ISP Blacklist: Major ISP maintains their blacklist of their own. In some cases, you can ask questions and in other cases, you cannot. For example (outlook.com and Yahoo maintain their own blacklisting data & have their own spam filtering technology) In order to confirm that your IP address is blocked you need to check your monitor server log.
There are 120 public blacklists. Mentioning the name of three where you can check that your IP address is blocked or not.
1) multi.valli.org/lookup this is very good to use and check 120 plus blacklist.
2) www.dnsstuff.com/tools you can check your IP address for free of cost. Here you can check 97 blacklists.
3) www.dnsbl.info this is also a free service and checks about 88 blacklists quickly.
With the help of above-mentioned tools, you can check the status of your IP address Once the status is confirmed let’s move towards the second step, before moving towards the second step you need to rectify the below-mentioned problems because of which blacklisted is done.
How to get UnBlacklisted:
If you are able to find out the reason for blacklist you can try these for getting rid of blacklisting.
• Scan your computer and those entire computers who are operating on your network for checking virus.
• Check if there are any unknown updated and fixes for your system.
• Configure strong and difficult passwords.
• Routers should be configured in a more secure manner.
If in case after following above-mentioned steps still your problem is not resolved you can seek help from Microsoft Smart Network Data Services (SNDS).
This is a free service from Microsoft and it offers you a high level of insights so that subscribers can rate it. Also, they provide the health insights of an IP address a viewed by the outlook.com. So, you can easily judge and rate the health of your IP address.
SNDS data will help you to analyze the problem causing your IP address to get blacklisted.
It is very much important to apply all these steps before submitting the request for removal because if the root cause of the problem will not get the fix, it might cause the issue of blacklisting again.
Step 2-Submission of removal request.
Once your investigation regarding blacklisting of your IP address is completed, now it’s time to start with removal problem.
For the removal process, you can follow these simple steps-
Submit your request through this link below-
Make sure to fill all the correct and appropriate details because it will help you to process your request as soon as possible. A few hours later Microsoft will send a response regarding your request.
You can also send the undelivered notice from Microsoft to this address given as- firstname.lastname@example.org
It will take time for 2 to 3 days you need to wait during that duration until Microsoft respond to you. If you receive a response then follows the instruction shared by them but if you don’t receive the response on your mail you can contact on the mentioned helpline 800-865-9408. You will get assistance from the technical team.
Apart from that, there are two more methods to solve this problem:
The self-service technique of removal:
Few blacklists are available with self-service removal feature in this case you can easily take out your IP address from the blacklisting list but make sure the same mistake did not get repeated again or else it will get blacklisted again and will not remove next time easily.
There is an automatic built-in process in few blacklist services. It removes the lower level listing subscribers (Who are little offenders) automatically from the blacklisting list within a week or maybe two weeks sometimes. But at the same time period may be longer if IP address has sent spam more than once.
If Microsoft is satisfied by the reasons shared by you and you are found not involved in spamming activities your IP address will be removed from the blacklist soon.