An “Organized is better” keeping thing organized is one of your strength. It is such kind of habit in which everyone should get into. Suppose your boss is asking for any old email which was very important and you are not able to find it because of huge numbers of new emails are there in your inbox, how embarrassing situation it is.
As we all know that www.Hotmail.com does not exist anymore officially. Only the email addresses with “www.Hotmail.com” exist. www.Hotmail.com is now Outlook and all the new email IDs you make with www.Hotmail.com ends with outlook.com. As we already know that sorting your emails while you are searching is something which makes your task easier and hassle-free. When you work in a professional environment, you get hundreds of emails on a daily basis from almost the same people. When you try to search for a particular mail, you see a lot of emails from the same sender which makes it difficult for you to find what you are looking for. Sorting makes this task easy. There are a lot of ways through which the emails in Outlook can be sorted and arranged and we are going to see them all in this article.
Therefore keeping things organized should be one of our tasks in to do list. However, this problem of email overloading is very common and no doubt that the problem is big but completely solvable.
Folders & categories:
If you really want to arrange your emails first of all you need to know the below-mentioned terms for better understanding:
• Default Folder: These are the folders which are inbuilt and constructed by outlook such (Trash, Inbox, Sent mail, Delete, Spam, Etc.)
• Personal folder: These are the folders which are created by the user for their better understanding but make sure not to create too much folder or else you will get confused that which folder to use and which one to delete.
• Colour Coding: Outlook also provides you right of colour coding such as you can mark red colour as (Urgent), green colour as (To be responded quickly), Blue colour for (Event & invitations) & many more. This will also help in responding quickly to the urgent messages.
Now, after learning the basics let see by what means we can arrange our emails in outlook.
Sorting Emails through Accounts:
Although there are numerous ways through which you can manage your email & for making email you’re most powerful and efficient tool try to follow the below-mentioned strategies:
1) Work account: Try to make one work account in which only emails related to work are diverted and no extra emails and notifications should come.
2) Personal account: You must have one personal account in which all the emails sent by your friends, family and kids and invitations may ping.
3) Bulk Account: In this account, all your official notifications may come and newsletter may go. You should share you this ID with your company. This is a kind of inbox which you need during work, this is a place where you can read your all emails and respond to them while working.
There are many email accounts which empower you to separate the different categories of email which makes it easier for you to identify the important emails but apart from that by following few simple rules you can avoid getting messed into your emails.
1) Create a folder in MS outlook option is available on the top of the screen.
2) Rename your folder as you will notice that box is appearing around the folder name by doing right click & you can rename them such as (From Boss, From Client).
3) Now it’s time to move your all message from inbox to different folders. You can do it either by clicking on the message and dragging it into the desired folder or you can also do it by applying the strategy of “Rule” in your inbox.
4) If you realize anytime that particular folder is not needed any time you can simply delete it whenever you want.
5) Apart from that you can also sort them by doing right click on the top of your inbox and filter the emails by date, subjects, sender name or group of people, etc.
Clean up tool:
As we discussed earlier that we receive hundreds of email every day from the same person in a big organization so managing them is important but side by side you also need to focus on deleting old emails which are now of no use. www.Hotmail.com /Outlook gives a solution name “clean up tool”. Suppose, if you are involved in an email conversation with Client and replying them in a series of messages on email, so multiple replies can fill up your folder.
Here clean up tool comes into the picture it removes all your old emails which do not have the latest reply and clean your folder also you have not lost any data because all previous replies are saved in latest mail done by you.
With the help of above-mentioned steps, you can arrange your emails in a proper manner and work with a structured approach.
I am sure after reading this article you are now aware of various ways of managing emails in www.Hotmail.com and by following above mentioned steps you can manage your all emails simply and effectively. Managing emails is not a big task as everything is available in your outlook you just need to select the correct option for changing your cluttered inbox into an organized inbox. This strategy encourages you for responding on urgent emails timely and also helps in working effectively.