One of the major steps, while you are making an account with Hotmail, is the verification process. Without your phone number the verification will not be possible and hence it is mandatory to give your number so that an activation code can be sent to your number.
A need of the verification process
Now, the question is, why do we need the verification process? Hotmail/outlook has made the verification process mandatory because of a reason. You cannot get started with your Outlook email account unless you complete the process. If you are using only one PC or laptop which is personal to you, you might not understand the need for this verification process because of you either click on the “save password” in your system or the auto fill option does the work for you. Because of this, you don’t have to enter your email and password again and again as the system does that for you.
If you are away from your personal system for some reason and want to access your Outlook mail, the importance of verification is realized. If you are away from the personal PC and forget your password, you will find it extremely difficult to recover your account unless you have a verified account.
Hotmail very well understands the need of the verification process and hence it always prompts you to enter the verification code sent in your registered mobile number before you can create your account. Even after your account is created, Hotmail lets you send an email only after you have verified your account. Email verification is done after the creation of account when Hotmail sends you a verification link on your new email and you are asked to click on it. Once you click on the link, your email id gets verified and you are authorized to send emails.
Procedure to Verify Your Hotmail Account (Through Phone Number)
Your account can be verified by following few simple steps mentioned below:
- If your email account is promoting and you are receiving a message on the bar mentioning “please verify your account “then it’s time for verifying your account. You will see two bold options at the extreme end prompting “verify” & “close” you need to choose to verify the account.
- Once you are done with the above-mentioned process you will divert to a page which will ask you to enter “your mobile number”.
- Enter your mobile number in the field given below. Make sure that format should be correct and it must include your country code after that click on “NEXT”.
- Note that prior to that you have to go through all the terms and conditions for the services which are going to be offered to you.
- After hitting on NEXT it will divert you to the page which will ask you for the verification code. From here, you need to check your mobile phone one message has been triggered on your phone regarding verification code. Type the numbers correctly in the given space.
- If all the above-mentioned steps are done correctly it will automatically direct you to the page which will prompt “Thank you for verifying your account”. This means that your account verification is successful. Click “done” below the message and it will take you back to the inbox.
Procedure to Verify Your Hotmail Account (Through Email)
Whenever you sign in for Microsoft account they automatically send a request to that email address in order to verify that you have a correct address or not.
If you want to complete the process you need to follow the link send to your email address.
- Sign in to the page with the email address registered.
- Post that clicks on “NEXT”.
- Click on “verify next”
- Post that clicks on send email
- Log in to your email and click on the link received for completing the verification process.
However you have to follow few simple steps and enter your credentials for the correct verification process, but the benefit is that it provides you surety that you are the custodian of that particular account and no one else can access it without your permission. It also provides you right to recover things in case you have lost. Apart from this it also authorizes you to arrange your all emails in a structured manner.
The steps mentioned above will verify your account through your registered phone number and the newly created Hotmail ID. Make sure to give a working phone number in the field where it asks for your number to complete the process without any challenges. Once your account is verified by both the means, you can access all the features of Hotmail/Outlook without any difficulties.